We often have students contact us with questions relating to “what can I do with a degree in (insert degree name)?” We have assembled the following resources to help WGU students explore the career paths commonly associated with their respective degree.
The degree guides provided offer information on common career areas that students enter with this degree. Please note that the areas and information are representative of typical career paths associated with each major and are not an exhaustive list.
To explore more about what you can do with your degree:
- TALENTDESK - TALENTDESK uses US Census Data to report which careers people choose based on their educational backgrounds and how much they earn in those positions. All data is reported for bachelor's degrees. National earnings data and job growth projections are collected from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Speak with your degree-specific course mentors about their own career experiences in the field.
- Informational Interviews: Set up informational interviews or shadowing experiences with professionals in careers you are considering.
- Volunteer and Internship Opportunities: Look for ways to get involved in the field through volunteer opportunities, part-time jobs, and internships.
- Set up a time to speak with a Career & Professional Development Advisor.
Any information, materials, personal opinions, or endorsements of products or services appearing on external sites are not controlled, endorsed, or sponsored by Western Governors University.