CAREER ACTION PLAN
The first thing you need to look at is, what's your goal? Clearly identify it and work backwards, defining all the milestones you'll need to hit in order to reach it. Big projects look like a giant mountain that's really scary to have to climb. Instead imagine each of the steps you will need to take are small hills, easily climbed. - Dr. Chaz Austin
STEP 1 - Download the Career Planning Guide
Career Planning Guide: Download the guide for clearly defined steps on how to successfully create a career plan including your long-term and short-term career goals.
- Examine your career goal (if you do not have a clear career direction or goal, please start with the career exploration guide to determine a career goal).
- How to identify your career goal (Lynda.com video, 3m 50s)
- Learn the goal setting process
- Setting SMART goals (Lynda.com video, 2m 58s)
- Conduct a gap analysis to determine short term goals and action steps
- Build your plan
STEP 2 - Reach Out to Career & Professional Development
As you complete the activities described in the guide, a Career Advisor is available to answer questions, provide clarification, and offer support.
To request an appointment: Send your questions, areas for clarification and a copy of your Career Planning Guide (complete with your own notes and progress) to email@example.com and a career advisor will be in touch shortly after your email is received.
We look forward to working with you!