CONGRATULATIONS! You will soon be completing your teaching degree and your next career opportunity is just around the corner. Please view the video below for a quick overview of the services available and utilize the following resources to ensure a successful job search as you embark on your new career.
- Teacher Resume Guidelines - Review the detailed guidelines to get started on creating an impactful teacher resume.
- Teacher Resume Template - Download the template in Word to use as a foundation to create your own resume.
- Professional Profile Samples - Consider this list of sample profiles for inspiration in creating your own.
- Resume Action Verbs - To avoid using the same verbs repeatedly in your resume, read through this comprehensive list of action verbs.
- Value & Accomplishment Statements Worksheet - Craft bullets that highlight your successes and help you stand out from the pack.
Cover Letter Resources
- Cover Letter Guidelines and Template - Review these guidelines and use the template to create a strong cover letter.
- 3 Simple Tips to Help Your Teaching Cover Letter Make the Grade - A blog about how to make a positive first impression and catch the attention of your next employer with a well crafted cover letter.
- Portfolio Content - Review the list of potential content to include in your portfolio. Your portfolio should be a compilation of your best work as a student and professional.
- Big Interview - WGU Career & Professional Development is pleased to offer WGU students and alumni access to Big Interview, a free and comprehensive interview preparation and practice system.
- Visit the link: https://wgu.biginterview.com/
- Select the GREEN “Register” button in the upper right hand corner
- Enter your WGU email address, First Name, Last Name and Password of your choice
- Select the GREEN “Create My Account” button
- Custom Teacher Interview Question Sets - Visit these specific interview assignments in Big Interview to practice the most relevant, commonly asked, teacher specific interview questions. Show up to your next interview feeling confident and prepared! Assignment codes:
- K-12 Teachers: 9a1839
- School Administrators: ac5144
- Educational Support: bd7638
- Teacher Interview Preparation Worksheet with Sample Questions - Review interview best practices and sample teacher interview questions with answers to help ace your next interview!
- Interview Tips for Teachers - Angela Besendorfer, Chancellor of WGU Missouri and former teacher, principal, and superintendent, shares tips for interview success.
Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQs - Review this document for answers and additional information pertaining to FAQs for the Teachers College.