CONGRATULATIONS! You will soon be completing your teaching degree and your next career opportunity is just around the corner. Please utilize the following resources to ensure a successful job search as you embark on your new career.
- Teacher Resume Guidelines - Review the detailed guidelines to get started on creating an impactful teacher resume.
- Teacher Resume Template - Download the template in Word to use as a foundation to create your own resume.
- Professional Profile Samples - Consider this list of sample profiles for inspiration in creating your own.
- Resume Action Verbs - To avoid using the same verbs repeatedly in your resume, read through this comprehensive list of action verbs.
- Accomplishment Statement Worksheet - Craft bullets that highlight your successes and help you stand out from the pack.
Cover Letter Resources
- Cover Letter Guidelines and Template - Review these guidelines and use the template to create a strong cover letter.
- 3 Simple Tips to Help Your Teaching Cover Letter Make the Grade - A blog about how to make a positive first impression and catch the attention of your next employer with a well crafted cover letter.
Interview & Portfolio Resources
- Portfolio Content - Review the list of potential content to include in your portfolio. Your portfolio should be a compilation of your best work as a student and professional.
- Teacher Interview Preparation Worksheet with Sample Questions - Review interview best practices and sample teacher interview questions with answers to help ace your next interview!
- Interview Tips for Teachers - Angela Besendorfer, Chancellor of WGU Missouri and former teacher, principal, and superintendent, shares tips for interview success.
Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQs - Review this document for answers and additional information pertaining to FAQs for the Teachers College.