INTERNSHIPS & VOLUNTEERING
The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others. - Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
STEP 1 - Download the Internship & Volunteer Search Guide
Internship & Volunteer Search Guide: Download the guide for clearly defined steps on how to successfully secure an internship or volunteer position related to your career goal/s.
The guide will teach you how to:
- Research, Research, Research
- Use Your Network
- Prepare Your Application Materials
- Apply to Internship & Volunteer Opportunities
- Propose Your Own
- Follow Up on Applications
- Practice for the Interview
- Interview Preparation
- Exploring the Biggest Mistakes People Make in Interviews (Lynda.com video, 1m 11s)
STEP 2 - Stay Connected
Take advantage of all of the perks that come along with being a student or an alum and leverage your WGU network!
- WGU - Western Governors University Alumni & Students - LinkedIn Alumni/Student Group
- Night Owl Network - Alumni Networking Group (currently for Alumni only)
STEP 3 - Reach Out to Career & Professional Development
As you complete the activities described in the guide, a Career Advisor is available to answer questions, provide clarification, and offer support.
To request an appointment: Send your questions, areas for clarification and a copy of your Internship & Volunteer Guide (complete with your own notes and progress) to email@example.com and a career advisor will be in touch shortly after your email is received.
We look forward to working with you!