Informational interviewing is a powerful (and underutilized) career exploration and networking tool that can jump start your career. In an informational interview, you are seeking leads and information regarding an industry, a career path or an employer by talking to people you know or who have been referred to you.
STEP 1 - Understand Informational Interviewing
STEP 2 - Land & Prepare for the Informational Interview
STEP 3 - Conduct an Effective Informational Interview
STEP 4 - Follow Up
STEP 5 - Contact Career & Professional Development
- As you complete the activities described above, a career advisor is available to answer questions, provide clarification, and offer support. Request an appointment using the button in the upper right hand corner or send your questions and areas for clarification to email@example.com and a career advisor will be in touch shortly after your email is received.
*If you have not yet registered with Big Interview:
- Visit the link: https://wgu.biginterview.com/
- Select the GREEN “Register” button in the upper right hand corner
- Enter your WGU email address, First Name, Last Name and Password of your choice
- Select the GREEN “Create My Account” button