FIELD EXPERIENCE RESOURCES
Field Experience Resume Resources
The resume you are about to create is intended to assist you in securing your preclinical field placement. Many school districts request a resume to determine if they will accept a teacher candidate in their school. Follow the steps below to create a professional resume..
- Download the Field Experience Resume Template in Word to create your own resume. View Sample Field Experience Resume.
- Finalize your resume using the Field Experience Resume Checklist.
- Upload your resume in Word format for submission and review (if the resume is submitted as a Google Document or PDF, you will receive an email requesting to resubmit your resume in Word).
- Implement any changes suggested by your Career & Professional Development Specialist and re-upload your new resume in place of the one you previously submitted.
- Congratulations! These changes will assist you in achieving a stronger professional presence for the schools/districts where you would like to complete your field experience.
Please note: Once you complete your preclinical and demonstration teaching field experiences, you will update your resume to include your demonstration teaching experience, pending licenses or certifications, and a professional summary. Career resources for your Portfolio Resume Task and conducting a successful job search can be found here.
Cover Letter Resource
Some districts may request a cover letter, or letter of interest, from students interested in securing placement. Use the resource below to craft a strong cover letter. After creating a draft of your cover letter, you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.
During the field experience process, some districts may request a biography from students interested in securing placement. A Field Experience Biography is not always a requirement, so please check with your Field Placement Coordinator to confirm if you have any questions.
Career & Professional Development does not provide personalized reviews of biographies but has created the resource below to assist in the writing process.